Donna Hay says she likes things fast, fresh and simple. I hear you Donna. Whilst I love some of her recipes and styling.. some are faster and simpler than others. This is one of them. The real genius of this recipe is the lovely drizzled presentation. It looks fab.. and is pretty much ‘idiot in the kitchen’ proof.
You will need:
- 175g butter, softened and chopped
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- caramel sauce
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F).
- To make the pudding, place the butter, sugars, cinnamon, banana, eggs, flour and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 28cm x 8cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- To make the caramel sauce, place the cream and brown sugar in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice the pudding and pour over the warm sauce.
Source: Lifestyle Food.